Australian Film Institute Awards
Nominations for Feature Films
Byron Kennedy Award
- Alison Barrett
- Arthur Cambridge
- The Interview - Bill Hughes
- The Boys - Robert Connolly, John Maynard
- Head On - Jane Scott
- Radiance - Ned Lander, Andrew Myer
Best Achievement in Direction
- The Boys - Rowan Woods
- Head On - Ana Kokkinos
- The Interview - Craig Monahan
- Radiance - Rachel Perkins
Best Original Screenplay
- The Interview - Craig Monahan, Gordon Davie
- Amy - David Parker
- Dance Me to My Song - Heather Rose, Frederick Stahl, Rolf de Heer
- Dead Letter Office - Deborah Cox
Best Screenplay Adapted from Another Source
- The Boys - Stephen Sewell
- Head On - Andrew Bovell, Ana Kokkinos, Mira Robertson
- Oscar and Lucinda - Laura Jones
- Radiance - Louis Nowra
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
- Radiance - Deborah Mailman
- Amy - Rachel Griffiths
- The Boys - Lynette Curran
- Oscar and Lucinda - Cate Blanchett
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
- The Interview - Hugo Weaving
- The Boys - David Wenham
- Head On - Alex Dimitriades
- In the Winter Dark - Ray Barrett
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
- The Boys - Toni Collette
- Dance Me to My Song - Rena Owen
- In the Winter Dark - Miranda Otto
- Terra Nova - Angela Punch McGregor
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
- The Boys - John Polson
- The Boys - Anthony Hayes
- Head On - Paul Capsis
- A Little Bit of Soul - Geoffrey Rush
Best Achievement in Cinematography
- Oscar and Lucinda - Geoffrey Simpson
- The Boys - Tristan Milani
- In the Winter Dark - Martin McGrath
- The Interview - Simon Duggan
Best Achievement in Editing
- Head On - Jill Bilcock
- The Boys - Nicholas Meyers
- The Interview - Suresh Ayyar
- Radiance - James Bradley
Best Original Music Score
- Oscar and Lucinda - Thomas Newman
- The Boys - "The Necks"
- Head On - Ollie Olsen
- The Interview - David Hirschfelder
Best Achievement in Production Design
- Oscar and Lucinda - Luciana Arrighi
- Dead Letter Office - Chris Kennedy
- The Interview - Richard Bell
- Radiance - Sarah Stollman
Best Achievement in Costume Design
- Oscar and Lucinda - Janet Patterson
- The Boys - Annie Marshall
- Head On - Anna Borghesi
- The Sound of One Hand Clapping - Aphrodite Kondos
Best Achievement in Sound
- Oscar and Lucinda - Andrew Plain, Ben Osmo, Gethin Creagh
- The Boys - Sam Petty, Peter Grace, Phil Judd
- Head On - Carrick, Lloyd, Roger Savage, Craig Carter, Livia Ruzic
- The Interview - Peter Palanki, Stephen Witherow, John Wilkinson, Pete Smith
Best Foreign Film
- L.A. Confidential
- The Full Monty
- The Ice Storm
Nominations for Non-Feature Films
- The Dragons of Galapagos
- Mohamed Ali's Happy Day Feast
- Paying for the Piper
- Urban Clan
Best Short Fiction Film
Best Short Animation Film
- Vengeance - Wendy Chandler
Best Direction in a Documentary
- The Big House - David Goldie
Best Screenplay in a Short Fiction Film
Best Cinematography in a Non-Feature Film
Best Sound in a Non-Feature Film
- Urban Clan - Gissing, Michael
Best Editing in a Non-Feature Film
Open Craft Award
- After Mabo - John Hughes, Mizrahi, Uri for visual design
Nominations for Television Drama
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Television Drama
- Kings in Grass Castles - Stephen Dillane
- SeaChange - David Wenham, for episode "Balls and Friggin' Good Luck".
- Wildside" - Tony Martin
- Halifax fp: Afraid of the Dark - Shane Feeney-Connor
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Television Drama
- Rachael Blake, "Wildside" - episode #20
- Sophie Heathcote, "Raw FM" - episode "Raw 'n Sore"
- Rebecca Gibney, "Halifax fp: Afraid of the Dark"
- Claudia Karvan, "Never Tell Me Never"
Best Screenplay in a Television Drama
- Wildside - Tim Pye, for episode #17.
- SeaChange - Deborah Cox, for episode "Stormy Weather".
- Halifax fp: Afraid of the Dark - Roger Simpson
- Violent Earth, The - Peter Gawler, Tony Ayres
Best Achievement in Direction in a Television Drama
- Wildside - Peter Andrikidis, for episode #17.
- Blabbermouth & Stickybeak - Kemp, Julian
- Halifax fp: Afraid of the Dark - Steve Jodrell
- The Violent Earth - Michael Offer
Best Mini-Series or Telefeature
- Wildside - Steve Knapman
- Halifax fp: Afraid of the Dark - Roger Le Mesurier, Roger Simpson, Terry Jennings
- Never Tell Me Never - David Elfick, Anne Bruning
- The Violent Earth - Jock Blair, David Rouse, Bruce Gordon
Best Childrens Television Drama
- Blabbermouth & Stickybeak - Ann Darrouzet
- Mirror, Mirror II - Andrew Blaxland, Dave Gibson, for episode "Shipwreck".
- Ocean Girl 4 - Jonathan M. Shiff, for episode #2.
- Ocean Girl 4 - Jonathan M. Shiff, for episode #3.
Best Episode in a Television Drama Series
- Wildside - Steve Knapman, for episode #17.
- Blue Heelers - Riccardo Pellizzeri, for episode "Collateral Damage"
- Good Guys Bad Guys - Roger Le Mesurier, Roger Simpson, John Wild, for episode "Dog People"
- SeaChange - Sally Ayre-Smith, for episode "Stormy Weather"
Best Episode in a Television Drama Series (Long)
- Home and Away - Russell Webb, for episode #2413.
- All Saints - Jo Porter, for episode #20.
- All Saints - Jo Porter, for episode #6.
- Home and Away - Russell Webb, for episode #2197.
Young Actors Award: Television
- Paul Pantano for the Water Rats episode "Romeo is Bleeding"
Raymond Longford Award Winner: