- Dating stories, we've all got them. Whether single and dining out on latest romantic adventures or, if coupled up, answering the inevitable "so, how did you two meet?" dating stories provide common ground socially. They're also an endlessly rich source of both comedic and dramatic material, a fact not lost on Peter Helliar.
october 19 | www.smh.com.au
- Today marks the fiftieth anniversary of the first appearance of Homicide on Australian television. The series, produced by Crawford Productions, wasn't the first drama produced by Australian television but was the first to demonstrate that Australian audiences would watch locally-produced drama in overwhelming numbers.
october 20 | televisionau.com
- Christiaan Van Vuuren has to admit he was getting a bit sick of the Bondi Hipsters... That's why [he along with brother Connor and their friend Nick Boshier] decided to expand their efforts into the rather odd comedy series Soul Mates
october 19 | www.smh.com.au
- After being Kate Ramsay in Neighbours, Ashleigh Brewer talks about her demanding role in the world's most popular soap The Bold and the Beautiful.
october 18 | www.couriermail.com.au
- Ryan Kwanten, Toni Collette, Robin McLeavy and Deborah Mailman join cast for Blinky's return to the big screen.
october 14 | www.craveonline.com
- Nostalgic TV fans take note, Seven has scheduled a special 50 Years Of Homicide for next Wednesday night... Homicide was produced by Crawford Productions for 510 episodes, widely regarded as the first major drama series to be produced in Australia when foreign series dominated.
october 18 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- Jane Campion and writer Gerard Lee are moving ahead on a second season of their award-winning mystery drama Top of the Lake.
october 15 | www.hollywoodreporter.com
- Pay TV platform Foxtel has finalised a deal that will save the Seven Network drama A Place to Call Home... Foxtel would not confirm that a deal has been done to save the program... But the deal has been whispered about at the annual television program sales market Mipcom, in Cannes, France, this week
october 15 | www.smh.com.au
- The last time Brenton Thwaites was in Perth, he was a burgeoning actor just starting out in feature films... But a lot can happen in 18 months, and Thwaites has now become Australia's newest Hollywood export
october 14 | au.news.yahoo.com
- She might play a good-girl-next-door character on Wonderland, but fan favourite Anna Bamford says she is keen to explore Miranda's dark side in future episodes of Ten's series.
october 12 | www.theherald.com.au
- Jacki Weaver never planned on a Hollywood movie career. It just happened.
october 12 | siouxcityjournal.com
- Josh Thomas' Please Like Me has been nominated for best comedy at the 2014 International Emmy Awards.
october 14 | if.com.au
- It is 20 years ago today that Big Girl's Blouse made its television debut. The sketch comedy series... introduced us to Kath Day, her daughter Kim, and Kim's second best friend, sports-loving Sharon in a sequence of sketches leading up to Kim's wedding to fiancé Brett.
october 13 | televisionau.com
- One of its stars is going from goalkicker to safecraker. Another plays her own television grandmother. That's the cast of Westside Story and its stars are promising it will be a sexy and stylish 1970s-set prequel to Kiwi television classic Outrageous Fortune.
october 11 | www.nzherald.co.nz
- Yes, there's sizzle. Part of the considerable appeal of the six-part romantic comedy and political drama Party Tricks, which premiered on Monday, is seeing the sparks fly between its stars, Asher Keddie and Rodger Corser.
october 06 | www.theherald.com.au
- It's the news Offspring fans have been dreading: confirmation that there will be no sixth series of Ten's hit series... But Ten's chief programming officer, Beverley McGarvey, wasn't conceding the dream was over
october 03 | www.theguardian.com
- 23 - Soul Mates (ABC2)
- 23 - Nowhere Boys (ABC3)
Ratings Top 10
- October 05 - 11
- 2.597m - Rugby League - Grand Final
- 1.751m - Rugby League Grand Final - Presentation
- 1.493m - The Block Glasshouse - Mon
- 1.490m - Rugby League Grand Final - Entertainment
- 1.392m - The Block Glasshouse - Thu
- 1.390m - The Block Glasshouse - Tue
- 1.326m - Nine News - Sun
- 1.317m - The Block Glasshouse - Wed
- 1.087m - The X Factor - Live Results
- 1.044m - Seven News - Sat
- 1 - Cariba Heine (1988)
- 2 - Lorrae Desmond (1932)
- 3 - Francis Greenslade (1962)
- 5 - Guy Pearce (1967)
- 8 - Paul Hogan (1939)
- 8 - Martin Henderson (1974)
- 8 - Simon Burke (1961)
- 9 - Brett Partridge (1965)
- 10 - Geoff Morrell (1948)
- 11 - Marcus Graham (1963)
- 11 - Claudia Black (1973)
- 12 - Hugh Jackman (1968)
- 13 - Wayne Pygram (1959)
- 15 - Leeanne Walsman (1980)
- 16 - Martin Sacks (1959)
- 17 - Phoebe Tonkin (1988)
- 17 - Rhys Muldoon (1965)
- 18 - Lisa Chappell (1968)
- 19 - Tiriel Mora (1958)
- 20 - Gracie Gilbert (1992)
- 22 - John Howard (1952)
- 24 - Lincoln Lewis (1987)
- 24 - Tim Pocock (1985)
- 24 - Raelee Hill (1972)
- 25 - Lenore Smith (1958)
- 27 - Paul Tassone (1969)
- 27 - Melanie Vallejo (1979)
- 28 - Terence Donovan (1942)
- 30 - Garry McDonald (1948)