- The second season of Glitch will be co-produced by the ABC, Matchbox and Netflix — making it the closest thing to a Netflix Original produced locally.
october 21 | if.com.au
- Now that horror is big on television with shows like The Walking Dead, Bates Motel, and American Horror Story and others, PopTV is getting in on the game, airing Australia's Wolf Creek TV series.
october 20 | if.com.au
- Best known for his role as Ted Bullpitt in 1980s series Kingswood Country, actor Ross Higgins has died. Higgins had been unwell and died in hospital on Friday, according to the ABC. He was 85.
october 07 | www.theage.com.au
- Ronny Chieng's sitcom has been picked up for a full series in Australia and America, following a successful pilot. International Student was based on the comedian's teenage life as as a Malaysian student who came to Australia to study law.
october 05 | www.chortle.co.uk
- For a production company that has come up with more successful ideas across film and television than just about anyone, Santo Cilauro seems amused and a little bemused by the suggestion that Working Dog's new animated TV series Pacific Heat is not that original.
october 05 | www.theherald.com.au
- ELLA Scott Lynch appears in local dramas The Code, Love Child and Janet King. But she nominates something outside acting as her hardest role.
october 04 | www.theherald.com.au
- The role of country back-up singer Billie Carter in the new drama was written specifically for the pop singer, who rose to fame as runner-up on the fourth season of Australian Idol in 2006.
october 02 | au.news.yahoo.com
- Matt Nable is one of Australia's most sought-after actors at the moment and it's not hard to see why.
october 01 | www.ipswichadvertiser.com.au
- What happens behind the scenes on Australian Survivor? Where did the contestants tell people they were going when they were secretly signed up to the series? Why do they travel to and from tribal council in enforced silence? And why do Survivor super-fans not tell anyone they're Survivor super-fans?
september 30 | www.news.com.au
- Nine has renewed Doctor Doctor for a second season after just two episodes have aired.
september 28 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- CHANNEL 7 is hoping true crime will pay, with its hotly-anticipated Roger Rogerson telemovie reportedly slated to launch the network's 2017 programming schedule.
september 24 | www.dailytelegraph.com.au
- Actor Neil Pigot watches another of his colleagues throw in his day job as pay rates for actors plummet... Pigot argues that the flowering of low cost, do-it-yourself, creative amateurism combined with our political leaders' failure to articulate the value of the arts has left those in the middle squeezed - the middle occupied by working musicians, ceramicists, painters, actors, dancers and modestly successful writers.
september 23 | dailyreview.com.au
- After gracing our screens in Barracuda, the 15-year-old Greek Australian actress is now filming for the ABC's Nowhere Boys
september 21 | neoskosmos.com
- Just a couple of weeks ago I wrote about the rather exciting state of Australian television. I had no idea that, so soon into the future, I would be spending four consecutive hours slack-jawed and square-eyed, completely addicted to another locally made head turner
september 21 | dailyreview.com.au
- Australian television this week celebrates 60 years of broadcasting. We recall the moments that were entertaining, informing, infuriating and just plain baffling.
september 17 | www.brisbanetimes.com.au
- 26 - No Activity (Stan)
- 09 - Please Like Me (ABC)
- 07 - Deep Water (Acorn TV - USA)
- 11 - Nowhere Boys (ABC)
- 24 - A Place to Call Home - s4 (Acorn TV - USA)
- 27 - Pacific Heat (The Comedy Channel)
- 02 - Pacific Heat (Netflix - USA, Can, UK)
- 1 - Cariba Heine (1988)
- 2 - Lorrae Desmond (1932)
- 3 - Francis Greenslade (1962)
- 5 - Guy Pearce (1967)
- 8 - Paul Hogan (1939)
- 8 - Martin Henderson (1974)
- 8 - Simon Burke (1961)
- 9 - Brett Partridge (1965)
- 10 - Geoff Morrell (1948)
- 11 - Marcus Graham (1963)
- 11 - Claudia Black (1973)
- 12 - Hugh Jackman (1968)
- 12 - Kate Beahan (1974)
- 13 - William Zappa (1948)
- 13 - Wayne Pygram (1959)
- 15 - Leeanne Walsman (1980)
- 16 - Martin Sacks (1959)
- 17 - Phoebe Tonkin (1988)
- 17 - Rhys Muldoon (1965)
- 18 - Lisa Chappell (1968)
- 18 - Liz Burch (1954)
- 19 - Tiriel Mora (1958)
- 20 - Gracie Gilbert (1992)
- 22 - John Howard (1952)
- 24 - Lincoln Lewis (1987)
- 24 - Tim Pocock (1985)
- 24 - Raelee Hill (1972)
- 25 - Lenore Smith (1958)
- 27 - Paul Tassone (1969)
- 27 - Melanie Vallejo (1979)
- 30 - Garry McDonald (1948)