- Westside is six one-hour episodes, each set in a separate year, so the programme takes us from 1974 through to 1979, and packs plenty of local events into the storylines.
may 21 | www.nzherald.co.nz
- Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn is on a roll with his performances in everything from the television series Bloodline to the New Zealand-made Slow West. He talks to Lydia Jenkin.
may 17 | www.nzherald.co.nz
- Television and film producers have warned that further cuts to funding body Screen Australia in the 2015 federal government's budget will "seriously impact the screen industry".
may 13 | www.afr.com
- Filming is under way in Brisbane on SBS' new comedy series, The Family Law, based on comedian Benjamin Law's memoir of growing up in a Chinese-Australian household on the the Sunshine Coast.
may 13 | www.mediaday.com.au
- Screen Australia will be forced to cut its funding programs after the federal budget reduced its allocation by $3.6 million over the next four years, to the chagrin of producers and directors.
may 13 | if.com.au
- Author Matt Nable has had a busy couple of years. If his face seems familiar you've probably seen him in something on the small or big screen recently.
may 12 | www.dailytelegraph.com.au
- A sneak-peek for Outrageous Fortune prequel Westside has been released. Antonia Prebble and David de Lautour headline the cast of the six-part prequel which journeys into Ted West's past.
may 12 | www.stuff.co.nz
- The Belanglo State Forest, scene of Ivan Milat's grisly serial murders, is such a forbidding place the producers of the Seven Network's Catching Milat chose to avoid the area.
may 11 | if.com.au
- When she was first cast as Sue 'Boomer' Jenkins in Wentworth, Katrina Milosevic was something of a bit player... Now in its third season, Wentworth would not be the same without Milosevic's contribution
may 11 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- Glamorous lady detective Miss Fisher is embarking on her most exciting adventure yet: a feature film adaptation shot in England and set in a variety of exotic locations around the world.
may 06 | www.news.com.au
- Game of Thrones' Iain Glen, Frances O'Connor, Deborah Mailman, Hunter Page-Lochard, Rob Collins and Ryan Corr are shooting Cleverman, an innovative six-part futuristic action drama for ABC-TV.
april 30 | if.com.au
- A TV adaptation of Tomorrow, When the War Began is currently casting for 7 teenagers aged 16 - 19... The small screen version will be a 6 part drama produced in Melbourne from August to October by Ambience Entertainment.
april 30 | www.smh.com.au
- As Dr Patrick Reid, he won - then broke - the hearts of Australia on Offspring. Now Matt Le Nevez is returning to our screens.
april 30 | www.smh.com.au
- It's one of the best-known and most notorious images of serial killer Ivan Milat... Just seeing actor Mal Kennard, who plays Milat in a new two-hour television drama, Catching Milat, recreate that pose with such eerie precision is enough to send a chill down the spine of anyone who lived through Milat's reign of terror in the early to mid-1990s.
april 28 | www.smh.com.au
- 17&24 - Catching Milat (Seven)
- 24 - Open Slather (Comedy Channel)
- 31 - Westside (NZ - TV3)
- 14&21 - The Secret River (ABC)
- 25 - Banished (BBC First)
- 3 - Richard Sutherland (1971)
- 5 - Dieter Brummer (1976)
- 6 - Alan Dale (1947)
- 7 - Justin Melvey (1969)
- 10 - Rachel Gordon (1976)
- 11 - Anita Hegh (1972)
- 11 - Holly Valance (1983)
- 11 - Justin Rosniak (1977)
- 12 - Glenn Robbins (1956)
- 14 - Cate Blanchett (1969)
- 14 - David Reyne (1959)
- 14 - Ada Nicodemou (1977)
- 15 - John Orcsik (1945)
- 19 - Claudia Karvan (1972)
- 19 - James Reyne (1957)
- 21 - Brett Tucker (1972)
- 21 - Josephine Mitchell (1965)
- 21 - Inge Hornstra (1974)
- 22 - Gary Sweet (1957)
- 24 - Brian Wenzel (1929)
- 25 - Kick Gurry (1978)
- 26 - Marieke Hardy (1976)
- 26 - Racheal Blake (1971)
- 27 - Sara Wiseman (1975)
- 28 - Kylie Minogue (1968)
- 29 - Louise Siversen (1958)